Re: Transitions and Animation merging: problem summary

From: Chris Marrin <cmarrin@apple.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 17:28:18 -0700
To: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>

On Apr 16, 2010, at 10:57 AM, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 16, 2010 at 10:28 AM, Chris Marrin <cmarrin@apple.com> wrote:
>> Sorry, this is a detail of an issue that I thought was well known. Currently, when a transition is triggered while running (by setting a new value in the property being transitioned) an entirely new transition is started. So if you are 0.1 seconds into a 2 second transition and you set the property back to its starting value (as you would when you unhover) going back to that starting value will take 2 seconds, not 0.1 as might be desirable. So it would be useful to add reversible transitions to the spec and define the rules for when they occur. But as I said, that's a conversation for another thread.
>>
>> Does that make it more clear?
>
> Such details *are* already in the spec.  ^_^

Urgh, I didn't realize that had already been added. In that case, I retract my comment that this needs discussion. But I still believe reversing transitions in this way is important whereas for animations it is not. That was a much more noisy explanation than it needed to be :-)

-----
~Chris
cmarrin@apple.com