RE: [css3-background] Curved borders intersecting backgrounds of inner boxes

From: Brian Manthos <brianman@microsoft.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 01:47:28 +0000
To: Brad Kemper <brad.kemper@gmail.com>
> If we do look at  'background-clip', then perhaps we use whichever one
> in the background that is biggest.

	H1, H2, H3
	H1 {
	H2 {
	H3 {

H1 should clip to the border-box curve, H2 to the padding-box curve, and H3 to the content-box curve.

Given that neither padding nor border widths can be negative, it remains conveniently simple.

> I don't know the answer, but it looks like something needs to change or
> be clarified. I WOULD like overflow to clip to the inner curve when
> appropriate, and to me that means also clipping the straight portions
> of the box too, to a box that aligns with those curves.

So if "background-clip:padding-box;" was added to this example...

then overflow clipping should clip to the white shape in the right rendering of this image...

Is my interpretation correct?