Re: [css3-transitions] Adding keyframes to transitions

From: Perry Smith <pedzsan@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2010 14:47:16 -0500
Cc: Brad Kemper <brad.kemper@gmail.com>, www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
To: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>

On Apr 7, 2010, at 2:07 PM, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 7, 2010 at 11:39 AM, Brad Kemper <brad.kemper@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> Agreed - the definition of it should be that, if a
> transition-animation manipulates the property that it is attached to
> the transition of (that is, if you have "transition: left 1s
> play(bounce 1s);" and the bounce keyframe manipulates 'left'), the
> actual transition of 'left' is overriden by the animation.

I would like to see an additive effect so, if I have a "wobble"
animation that alters left back and forth over time coupled with a
transition that moves from right to left, then the result would be a
wobbled slide.  Not a wobble with a sudden jerk to the final position.

I have a dumb question: in the case of left, top, right, bottom -- if
the element has a position: static, then animations (and transitions
for that matter) on those properties will have no effect.  Is that
right?  Is that what we want?

It would be nice if I could have an animation put the element into
relative position mode, wiggle it around, and then put it back in to
static position mode.

Perry