Re: [css3-transitions] Adding keyframes to transitions

On Wed, Apr 7, 2010 at 11:39 AM, Brad Kemper <brad.kemper@gmail.com> wrote:
> My reason for going the other way was that the transition is based on the
> changed value of 'left'. If you say that the inner animation overrides that,
> then there is no longer a left value to transition. I think what you realy
> want is to multiply the two together for the final animated effect, and
> that's more like what you describe. That would seem to complicate computed
> values, but works for me.

The idea is to just imagine a normal transition as being an
instantaneously-created animation with appropriate start and end
values set.  Then further animations can override it like normal.

An animation running won't prevent a transition from firing.
Animations change the value on a lower level than what triggers a
transition.

>> For now, since it's not very useful to manipulate the property you're
>> transitioning, I'd just recommend not doing so.  I don't think it's a
>> problem right now to say "you probably don't want to do that", and
>> then later make it useful to do it.
>
> We should define what it does.

Agreed - the definition of it should be that, if a
transition-animation manipulates the property that it is attached to
the transition of (that is, if you have "transition: left 1s
play(bounce 1s);" and the bounce keyframe manipulates 'left'), the
actual transition of 'left' is overriden by the animation.