Re: [css3-color] #rrggbbaa annotation

From: Eli Morris-Heft <eli.morris.heft@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2010 13:48:34 -0500
To: Brad Kemper <brad.kemper@gmail.com>, www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
> Me too. Adding a new feature would definitely slow down the advancing of
> CSS3 Color without really changing anything that is already there. Whereas a
> fast-tracked CSS4 color with just this in it would probably not arrive any
> later than if it was added to CSS3. At least that is my impression. Of
> course, there is always the possibility that people will want to add more to
> CSS4 color too (how about ink modes?). Oh, and, well, there is gamma
> correction too for CSS4 Color, right?

Not to start down the dark path, but might we consider a CSS 3.1? I know
this would be yet another a good intention with which to pave that road, but
it does seem like #rrggbbaa doesn't warrant an entire level to itself. Also,
if it isn't obvious: I am in support of the idea of #rrggbbaa if only for
the sake of completeness (though I know I'd use it), although I wouldn't
want to do another Last Call simply because of it.

Eli Morris-Heft, preparing for the backlash against a CSS 3.1...