Re: Thoughts on implementing the HTML5 <details> element with pure CSS

From: Daniel Glazman <daniel.glazman@disruptive-innovations.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Apr 2010 13:07:46 +0200
To: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>
Cc: www-style CSS <www-style@w3.org>
Le 07/04/10 08:13, Maciej Stachowiak a écrit :

> 2) I need the <summary> child of <details> to remain visible both when
> expanded and collapsed, but have all the other contents appear or
> disappear, including direct text node children of the <details> element.
> However, there is no way to address all of the children of <details>
> except the <summary> child with a CSS selector.

details > *:not(summary) ?

That said, this will not address text nodes children of <details>. But
IMHO, allowing text nodes here is a design mistake. DLs have DTs and
DDs. <details> should only have element children.

On another note, animating the arrow of details in Mac OS X using CSS
will be the trickiest part since it's generated content... Can
transforms and transitions apply to generated content only?

</Daniel>