Re: [css3-color] #rrggbbaa annotation

On Monday 2010-04-05 10:47 +0900, Alberto Lepe wrote:
> Is there any other objection?
> Who else is supporting this addition?

To be clear:  adding a feature requires that we do another last
call, in which anybody can send comments (on any part of the spec,
not just the changes), and then reaching working group consensus on
the correct response to all the last call comments received,
allowing the commenters the chance to object, etc.  That's a good
bit of work -- and work that I probably wouldn't a consider a
priority over other things I could be doing -- I think volunteering
to edit css3-color was probably a mistake.

I'd sort of like to take a subset of the featureset that was in CR
in 2003 to Recommendation; this working group hasn't had a very good
record lately of advancing documents to Recommendation, and we're
pretty close on this one.

I have no objection to implementing this, though.  (I'd sort of like
to hear an opinion from Molly or somebody else involved in teaching
CSS to newcomers, though.)

If the working group agrees, are you volunteering to join the
working group and do the administrative work described above to push
this spec through another last call with this addition?

-David