Re: CSSOM getBoundingClientRect and device scaling

From: Řyvind Stenhaug <oyvinds@opera.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 13:43:53 +0200
To: www-style <www-style@w3.org>
On Wed, 23 Sep 2009 00:41:10 +0200, Garrett Smith <dhtmlkitchen@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Opera mini, in "Mobile view," scales the page. Fine, but then
> getBoundingClientRect returns the actual pixel values, not "de-scaled"
> values.
>
> I did a brief write up on the problem I noticed with Opera Mini:
> http://my.opera.com/dhtmlkitchen/blog/show.dml/4359747

Mobile view doesn't simply scale the page, it completely reformats it.
Specifically, the non-breaking space is treated as a normal space and much
of the author styling is ignored. Comparable results can be seen in other
browsers when removing the &nbsp; and the position, margin and padding
declarations.

--
Řyvind Stenhaug
Core Norway, Opera Software ASA