CSSOM getBoundingClientRect and device scaling

From: Garrett Smith <dhtmlkitchen@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 15:41:10 -0700
To: www-style <www-style@w3.org>
Has zoom/scaling been mentioned before? I am noticing that some
implementations will scale a page to a certain value. The method
getBoundingClientRect does not mention that the value returned should
be "de-scaled".

Opera mini, in "Mobile view," scales the page. Fine, but then
getBoundingClientRect returns the actual pixel values, not "de-scaled"

I did a brief write up on the problem I noticed with Opera Mini:

Should the spec mention what should happen when the device rescales values?