Re: Border-Images and 'round': CSS Backgrounds and Borders Module Level 3

On Oct 1, 2009, at 11:59 AM, "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I really don't have a problem with the UA deciding whether to upscale
> or downscale here, since it's a fairly small difference anyway.  But I
> agree that the upscaling problems are pretty small, so it wouldn't be
> a bad thing to use a strict algorithm that treated all images equally.

Yeah, my view is that the distortion problems when doing large
downscaling are worse that the resolution problems when doing small to
medium upscaling. So even if the algorithm didn't favor downscaling,
the upscaling would not be bad enough to worry about.