[cssom][dom-level-2-style] Obsolete DOM-L2-Style interfaces

From: Sylvain Galineau <sylvaing@microsoft.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 22:40:06 +0000
To: "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
All,

Following previous mail on the topic [1] and subsequent (short) discussions at TPAC, I want to reach final agreement on the interfaces to be obsoleted before moving the actual process of having them referenced as such from DOM L2 Style [2] itself.

There is consensus on obsoleting getPropertyCSSValue(), CSSValue, as well interfaces derived from CSSValue i.e. :

CSSValue
CSSPrimitiveValue
CSSValueList

The original WG mail [3] also enumerated:

CSSUnknownRule
RGBColor
Rect
Counter

For CSSUnknownRule, the mail points out that: "unknown rules should be dropped by the parser and thus never reach the DOM". I still think it would be useful for a number of tools (Firebug?) to be able to enumerate rules that were dropped but OK. I'll buy that.

What about RGBColor, Rect and Counter ?

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2009Oct/0011.html
[2] http://www.w3.org/TR/DOM-Level-2-Style/
[3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2003Oct/0347.html