RE: [css3-2d-transforms] DOM interfaces, especially CSSTransformValue

> From: www-style-request@w3.org [mailto:www-style-request@w3.org] On
> Behalf Of Dean Jackson

> On 10/09/2009, at 2:56 AM, Øyvind Stenhaug wrote:
>
> > 1)
> > Section 7 of the CSS 2D Transforms draft specifies a number of DOM
> > interfaces, among them CSSTransformValue which inherits from
> > CSSValueList. However, according to an earlier message from the WG
> > [1], interfaces inheriting from and related to CSSValue are
> > "classified as obsolete", and "[i]mplementors are strongly urged not
> > to implement them". This would seem to apply to CSSTransformValue
> > and probably also CSSMatrix as written.
>
> Yeah. Do you have a suggestion on how to fix this? What is the best
> alternative?

See my last mail on this topic [1]. Once we have agreement on the obsolete
interfaces, we can request DOM L2 Style to include an informative note similar
to the red box at the top of CSS2 [2] noting the interfaces considered obsolete.

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2009Nov/0259.html
[2] http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/REC-CSS2-20080411/