RE: New work on fonts at W3C

I believe we already discussed this and agreed that certain aspects of EOT solution can be implemented in a different way, e.g. utilizing same-origin restriction and CORS technology as Mozilla proposed.

The important point is that we seem to agree we need a universally supported web font wrapper that would allow to put "signs and fences" to reduce a risk of font piracy to a level that would be acceptable for font foundries. I believe that as soon as we have this in place, web designers will have access to a vast selection of high-quality fonts.

Regards,
Vladimir