Re: New work on fonts at W3C

From: Dave Crossland <dave@lab6.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 16:28:16 +0100
To: www-style@w3.org
2009/6/16 Levantovsky, Vladimir <Vladimir.Levantovsky@monotypeimaging.com>:

> EOT format as it's the only existing web format that offers an ability to 'put a
> fence with "no trespassing" sign' around a font.

I'm all for signs and fences to present to users about what their
rights are; the problem is that EOT is an "electric" fence - a DRM
scheme, since it requires web browsers to enforce restrictions on
users - whereas the Ascender proposal doesn't require this of
browsers.

http://pics.livejournal.com/eideteker/pic/0003bssg