[css3-background] Repeating values for background layers

From: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2009 12:33:38 -0800
To: www-style@w3.org

The spec says that if one property doesn't have enough values
in its comma-separated list, then its list is repeated until
it does. E.g.

   background-image: url(image1.gif), url(image2.gif), url(image3.gif);
   background-repeat: no-repeat, repeat-x;

is equivalent to

   background-image: url(image1.gif), url(image2.gif), url(image3.gif);
   background-repeat: no-repeat, repeat-x, no-repeat;

Question: does this happen to the computed value or the used value?
I.e. does the extended value get inherited or the non-extended value?
I'm leaning towards making this a used-value stage adjustment.

~fantasai