Re: [css3-background] Repeating values for background layers

On Thu, 08 Jan 2009 21:33:38 +0100, fantasai
<fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net> wrote:
> The spec says that if one property doesn't have enough values
> in its comma-separated list, then its list is repeated until
> it does. E.g.
>
>    background-image: url(image1.gif), url(image2.gif), url(image3.gif);
>    background-repeat: no-repeat, repeat-x;
>
> is equivalent to
>
>    background-image: url(image1.gif), url(image2.gif), url(image3.gif);
>    background-repeat: no-repeat, repeat-x, no-repeat;
>
> Question: does this happen to the computed value or the used value?
> I.e. does the extended value get inherited or the non-extended value?
> I'm leaning towards making this a used-value stage adjustment.

We (Opera) think inheriting the non-extended value makes the most sense
and it's what we've been planning to implement down the line. I.e. we
agree with you.

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>