Re: [CSSWG] Minutes and Resolutions 2009-02-04: box-shadow and border-image

On Feb 5, 2009, at 8:55 AM, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:

> because there is a legitimate reason to
> *specify* both (fallback behavior, to provide a shadow when the
> border-image isn't being used,

Ah, another good point. I might specify box-shadow for a general class
("my-boxes") and an image-border on several more specific classes
(such as "my-scallop-cornered-boxes"), and it would be convenient to
do so without having to include "box-shadow:none" on all the more
specific classes.

Fallback behavior is the biggest reason though, IMO.