RE: [CSS21][css3-namespace][css3-page][css3-selectors][css3-content] Unicode Normalization

Henri, I think that if we follow your argument we should expect to see far more ids such as id1, id2, id3, or aa, ab, ac... etc.  But actually people tend to regularly use id and class names that make some sense, are easy to remember, and relate to the topic at hand.  Well, if you speak and think in excellent English there's no big deal with codepoint for codepoint comparison.  But if you speak and think in Vietnamese, Burmese, Khmer, Tamil, Malayalam, Kannada, Telugu, Sinhala, Tlįchǫ Yatìi, Dënesųłįne, Dene Zhatié–Shihgot’ine, Gwich’in, Dɛnɛsųłįnɛ, Igbo, Yoruba, Arabic, Urdu, Azeri, Tibetan, Japanese, Chinese, Russian, Serbian, etc. etc. and especially if your content is in that language, then it wouldn't be so surprising that you would want to write class names and ids in that language too, and I think we need to investigate what is needed to support that.

RI