Re: [css-fonts] "Irregardless"? REALLY?

From: Eric A. Meyer <eric@meyerweb.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2009 14:47:47 -0500
To: www-style@w3.org
At 11:20 AM -0800 12/2/09, Brad Kemper wrote:

>Sorry, I apparently mispoke. I meant to say, 'Enough people use
>"irregardless" to make it an actual word.' And yes, dictionaries do
>so too. For instance, WordNet (quoted below) and my spell-check both
>recognize it as a word.

    Enough people use "ain't" to make it an actual word that shows up
in dictionaries too, but I wouldn't expect to see it in a W3C
specification.  Because, exactly as with "irregardless", it's
generally marked as incorrect, erroneous, or at best informal slang.

--
Eric A. Meyer (eric@meyerweb.com)     http://meyerweb.com/