Re: [css-fonts] "Irregardless"? REALLY?

Eric A. Meyer wrote:
> At 11:20 AM -0800 12/2/09, Brad Kemper wrote:
>
>> Sorry, I apparently mispoke. I meant to say, 'Enough people use
>> "irregardless" to make it an actual word.' And yes, dictionaries do so
>> too. For instance, WordNet (quoted below) and my spell-check both
>> recognize it as a word.
>
>    Enough people use "ain't" to make it an actual word that shows up in
> dictionaries too, but I wouldn't expect to see it in a W3C
> specification.  Because, exactly as with "irregardless", it's generally
> marked as incorrect, erroneous, or at best informal slang.

In the Oxford desktop dictionary it states that "irregardless" is from
the US dialect or said jocular(ly) in the US. From an Australian
perspective it looks like a rather strange misspelling or even
understood oddly as "or-regardless". I have never seen it's usage before.

I like "regardless".

--
Alan http://css-class.com/