Re: [css-fonts] "Irregardless"? REALLY?

From: Brad Kemper <brad.kemper@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2009 11:20:31 -0800
To: David Singer <singer@apple.com>
Cc: "Eric A. Meyer" <eric@meyerweb.com>, "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>

On Dec 2, 2009, at 10:58 AM, David Singer <singer@apple.com> wrote:

>> Enough people use "irrespective" to make it an actual word.
>
> Heh, dictionaries do too.  Wait, it is a word in common and
> 'approved' usage.  'irregardless' is not.

Sorry, I apparently mispoke. I meant to say, 'Enough people use
"irregardless" to make it an actual word.' And yes, dictionaries do so
too. For instance, WordNet (quoted below) and my spell-check both
recognize it as a word.

------(WordNet 2.0)------
irregardless
irregardless
      adv : regardless; a combination of irrespective and regardless
            sometimes used humorously