Re: [css3-page] page counters and scope

From: Benjamin <benjo316@hotpop.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2009 10:36:22 -0500
To: Andrew Fedoniouk <news@terrainformatica.com>
Cc: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>, "Grant, Melinda" <melinda.grant@hp.com>, "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
On Thu, 2009-04-23 at 21:40 -0700, Andrew Fedoniouk wrote:
> fantasai wrote:
> > Andrew Fedoniouk wrote:
> >>
> >> This discussion reminded me one problem I wanted to ask while ago.
> >>
> >> Are there any plans to support not only counters() but some
> >> other accumulators, for example "total of the page" kind of things?
> >>
> >> Sort of:
> >>
> >> @media printer
> >> {
> >>   td.total { content: page-sum-of( $(td.row-total):value ); }
> >> }
> >>
> >> with the markup:
> >>
> >> <tfoot>
> >> </tfoot>
> >>
> >> Or is this too much?
> >
> > I think spreadsheet-like calculations are out-of-scope for CSS.
>
> I haven't heard about any spreadsheet application capable to do
> "totals-of-the-page".
The value of a cell which equals the sum of a whole other sheet is:
=SUM($Sheet1.$A$1:$AMJ$65536)
Or, at least, that works on OpenOffice.org Calc. I got that value by
clicking the corner cell, which selects all cells in a table. Would be
nice if I could just use $Sheet1, but it doesn't work like that.