Re: [css3-selectors] Elements that can have :focus pseudo-class

From: Brad Kemper <brkemper.comcast@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 12:57:15 -0800
To: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Cc: "www-style@w3.org List" <www-style@w3.org>

> Note that it'd have to be something like @window:focus or something,
> since window:focus already means something in CSS.

It does? I was not aware of that. Can you elighten me?

How do you feel about *:root:focus, asidecfrom being a bit awkward? I
haven't tested that one out yet to see if it works. Is it semanticly
correct?

>> I don't like it (body:focus)

See? My inference was correct.

>> because it's very HTML-centric and changes behavior of existing
>> stylesheets.

OK then. That's a reasonable argument. Although it would only change
the behavior of stylesheets that specified something that didn't work
before. But whatever. I accept your argument about HTML-centricity.