Re: [css3-selectors] Elements that can have :focus pseudo-class

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 16:34:46 -0500
To: Brad Kemper <brkemper.comcast@gmail.com>
CC: "www-style@w3.org List" <www-style@w3.org>

Brad Kemper wrote:
>> Note that it'd have to be something like @window:focus or something,
>> since window:focus already means something in CSS.
>
> It does? I was not aware of that. Can you elighten me?

It means an element with the localName "window", in the default
namespace for the stylesheet (which might be the wildcard namespace),
which has focus.

This is all very clearly defined in the Selectors draft, I thought.

> How do you feel about *:root:focus, asidecfrom being a bit awkward? I
> haven't tested that one out yet to see if it works. Is it semanticly
> correct?

That has the same issue. :root:focus and html:focus better match exactly
the same thing in a typical HTML document.

Glad to hear that we're on the same page as far as HTML-centricity.

-Boris