On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 11:23 AM, Gustavo Ferreira <
gustavo.ferreira@hipertipo.net> wrote:

>  Op Nov 13, 2008, om 2:58 PM heeft Tab Atkins Jr. het volgende geschreven:
>>

>>  On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 10:47 AM, Philip TAYLOR <P.Taylor@rhul.ac.uk>
>>> wrote:

>>> That still begs the question "who is 'we'" ?
>>> Philip TAYLOR
>>>

>> Web designers.
>>
>> Again, our current situation is no fonts at all.  Unless you can come up
>> with some designers who are actually happier with no font-linking than they
>> would be with only-free-font-linking, I think I'm correct in my usage of the
>> pronoun.  Again (again), I would certainly be *more* happy if commercial
>> fonts were available as well and reasonably easy to use.  But some fonts are
>> better than no fonts, and I don't think it's possible to make a reasonable
>> argument to the contrary.
>>

> this is depressing. you don't deserve any cake.
>
> if there are a few good free fonts out there, it's because 'commercial'
> type-designers made them.
>
> i'm out of here!

That's unfortunate, especially since I've tried to make it completely clear
that I'm on board with attempts to put commercial fonts on the web.  I am
merely trying to ensure that we keep a level head about us at all times, and
not be deluded into thinking that commercial fonts on the web is a necessity
worth any cost.

It's also unfortunate that you must denigrate the efforts of free font
authors so much.