Re: Selectors Tests

From: Mikko Rantalainen <mikko.rantalainen@peda.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 13:04:32 +0200
To: www-style@w3.org
Boris Zbarsky wrote:
> Mikko Rantalainen wrote:
>> Perhaps the spec should forget about using ":enabled". The current spec says
>> 	"The :enabled pseudo-class represents user interface
>> 	elements that are in an enabled state; such elements
>> 	have a corresponding disabled state."
>>
>> I consider the words "user interace" as the most important part of that
>> definition. As such, I'd specify ":interactive" as any content that
>> behaves like some kind of interactive element (e.g. control interface)
>> regardless of its current state (disabled or not).
>
> There is a subtle definitional difference here.  For example <a
> href="..."> would match your definition of :interactive but does NOT
> match the current definition of :enabled (on purpose).

Why is that?

I see that I'm not the only one that's not expecting this. Andrew
pretty much a list of interactive elements.
(http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2008Nov/0117.html)

As I see it, links are interactive elements and they probably should be
considered as enabled because I can tab to those (so they can get
focus). They probably count as a special case that can be styled
different from some other interactive elements.

--
Mikko