Mikko Rantalainen wrote:

> DRM is not the answer to the font piracy or to any other kind of piracy.
> Just make the content leagally available to customers on reasonable
> price and provide usable *service* they're willing to pay for.

May I (very respectfully) suggest that this is a political
perspective rather than a technical or technological one.
I for one, much as I detest DRM when it prevents me from
a legitimate activity such as making a backup copy of
a DVD, understand the need of skilled typographers to
protect their intellectual property against theft; I want
to see the tradition of high-quality type design carried on,
and if this can be accomplished only through the use of DRM,
then that is a price that I for one am willing to pay.

> The users of *free fonts* should not be hindered by the resctrictions of
> commercial font vendors.

Agreed.

Philip TAYLOR