Re: CSS3 Color: Interaction of opacity and rgba [css3-color]

From: Patrick Garies <pgaries@fastmail.us>
Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2008 14:39:40 -0500
To: ptykodi@tykodi.com
CC: www-style@w3.org

Paul Tykodi wrote:
>  I tested your referenced example with Firefox, Opera, and Safari
>  running on a Windows XP sp3 machine.
>
>  Safari 3.1.1 - OK
>
>  Firefox <Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.14)
>  Gecko/20080404 Firefox/2.0.0.14> - top box missing
>
>  Opera 9.27 build 8841 - top box missing

Safari 3 supports RGBA values whereas the cited versions of Mozilla
Firefox and Opera do not. Development versions of all those browsers
/do/ support RGBA values, however.

Also, note that the /top/ box is not missing; I believe that you refer
to the invisible /bottom/ box.

Paul Tykodi wrote:
>  When I tried to browse the link with IE 7.0.5730.11, it downloaded
>  the page and then called Firefox to open it. I imagine this has
>  something to do with Firefox being declared the default browser on
>  this machine and it may be declared as the default application for
>  opening xhtml content as well.

Windows Internet Explorer 7 does not support RGBA values. Additionally,
WIE lacks support for XHTML including the XHTML MIME type and file
extensions. Insofar as I know, none of these features are supported in
development versions of that browser either,

requirements for the test.

— Patrick