Re: [CSS Variables] WebKit now supports variable declaration blocks

From: Andrew Fedoniouk <news@terrainformatica.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 09:40:32 -0700
To: Brad Kemper <brkemper@comcast.net>
CC: David Hyatt <hyatt@apple.com>, Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>, "www-style@w3.org List" <www-style@w3.org>

Brad Kemper wrote:

> I don't have a problem with a change to the core syntax, if it is a
> change that makes sense. But if it does matter, we could go with
> something more conforming, like this:
>
> div {
>   background-color: blue;
>   var-group: $complex-variable;
>   color:white;
> }
>
> Not sure we need the dollar sign there any more though with that.

Say, I have:

@define
{
     complex-variable:
     {
         color:red;
         var-group: $another-complex-variable;
     }
     another-complex-variable:
     {
         color:maroon;
         var-group: $complex-variable;
     }
}

div
{
    color:white;
    background-color: blue;
    var-group: $complex-variable;
}
div
{
    color:blue;
    var-group: $another-complex-variable;
}

What would be a color of the div text at the end:

   What color is this?

--
Andrew Fedoniouk.

http://terrainformatica.com