Re: Additional value for the visibility property

On Jul 9, 2008, at 8:17 AM, Andrew Fedoniouk wrote:

> While we are on this page (http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-color/#transparency
>  ) ...
>
> Can we change:
>
> "Conceptually, after the element (including its children) is
> rendered into an RGBA offscreen image, the opacity setting specifies
> how to blend the offscreen rendering into the current composite
> rendering."

> "Conceptually, after the element (including its *in-flow* children)
> is rendered into an RGBA offscreen image, the opacity setting
> specifies how to blend the offscreen rendering into the current
> composite rendering."
>
> note *in-flow* there.

Why should that be limited to in-flow elements ?

> [...]
>
> Renders in:
> FF3 and Safari - div.kid as not transparent.
> Opera - div.kid as transparent.

In Gecko 1.9 (fx 3) and WebKit, the div.kid _is_ transparent. The
whole block as one unit is made transparent. In Opera, the parent and
the kid are made transparent as separate units (I think).

A variant of your test case:
<http://dev.l-c-n.com/css3/ap-opacity3.html>
using a couple of background images to visualise the transparency.

Philippe
---
Philippe Wittenbergh
http://l-c-n.com/