Re: CSS2 spec error - Incorrect mention of list-style-type: hebrew

Hi,

Richard Ishida wrote:
> Hello Ori,
>
>> I also spotted it in the test page for the list-style-type
>> property, "as defined in CSS2.0":
>>
>> http://www.w3.org/International/tests/sec-list-style-type-1
>>
>> That page should either be updated to mention CSS3.0, or the hebrew
>> test moved somewhere else.
>
> The page does mention CSS3 at the top, but it exists to test whether
> and how implementations support Hebrew numbering as per CSS2. For
> example, Firefox 2 does support some Hebrew numbering.  The test is,
> however, exploratory, since there is no definition in CSS2 or CSS2.1
> of how the numbering should be done.

>From the note in the test:
"The CSS2.0 specification does not specify in any detail the mechanism
for implementing the numbering schemes defined."

My issue is not the lack of description how the Hebrew numbering should
be done, but that CSS2.1 doesn't define it *at all*.
Browsers can have full CSS2.1 support without implementing Hebrew numbering.

The support of Hebrew numbering in Firefox 2, if done before CSS3 was
born, is probably due to oversight by the developers.

> I have yet to find the time to put together tests for CSS3.  Would
> you be interested in creating one for Hebrew along the lines of
> http://localhost/International/tests/sec-list-style-type-2 ?

There's already a similar test-case in Mozilla's Bugzilla.
It's missing the English text next to each number:
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/attachment.cgi?id=166626

I'd be happy to modify it according to the tests' style. Contact me
privately with the  details.

-Ori