Re[4]: css with attribues [off-topic]

From: Dmitry Turin <sql4-en@narod.ru>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 14:44:39 +0200
To: www-style@w3.org

David,

>> BK> As someone who typically hand-codes pages, I find such pages
>> BK> reprehensible and extremely difficult to edit.
>> Excuse me, for what are you editing these pages ?
DD> The usual case is: "Bob worked for Corporation. Bob wrote pages with
DD> presentational gubbins littered through the HTML.

Usually corporations accept rules, mandatory for all employee.
How Bob give freedom to litter ?

---

>> BK>  I for ... eventual elimination of tag soup (we can hope).
>> Now next elimination of tag soup is harmfull
>> (because inconvenience for hand-coding)
DD> So use tools which highlight or automatically correct errors.

My idea was opposite: consecutively following by graceful math
constructions is uncomfortably for manual writing.
So other criterias, instead of math harmony, are needed for
hand-coding.
After some border, following by a rule becomes harmful.

>> like current political correctness
>> (when it's impossible to name things by their names).
DD> Using names for things which some people might find offensive, and
DD> writing code for a machine to process which has errors in it are two
DD> things that are so far apart in concept, that comparing them is
DD> ridiculous.

After some border, following by a rule turns into own opposition.

Dmitry Turin
SQL5      (5.10.0)  http://sql50.euro.ru
HTML6     (6. 5.2)  http://html60.euro.ru
Unicode7  (7. 2.1)  http://unicode70.euro.ru