Re: Re[13]: css with attribues

On 16 Jan 2008, at 13:32, Dmitry Turin wrote:

>>> But what is the non-presentational attributes ?
> DD> accept-charset, accept, accesskey, action, archive
>
> I have unconsciously excluded service attributes.

Any specification that comes out of this would have to deal with them
though.

> DD> abbr, alt, axis
>
> They are used to explain element's content in special case
> (mouse is over, blind browser) -
> they are not perceptible by user _always, constantly_.
> These are sooner decorative possililities.

No. The information might not be presented to all users under all
circumstances, but that does not make them decorative.

> Let me raise once again
> http://html60.euro.ru/site/html60/en/author/forxml_eng.htm

This does not seem to relate to the setting of attributes from CSS.

> Returing to gold of discussion:
> if author move mentioned attributes into css-file,
> then they become inaccessible for UA, not downloading css-file.
> First, loss is not great even now.

That depends what attributes the author moves into the presentation
layer (CSS /is/ a presentation layer). Having, for instance, the alt
text moved there would pose a serious problem to users without images.

> Second, upgrade of robots (to append attributes from css-file
> to tree of elements) is relatively small job,

As I've explained, this is NOT a "relatively small job". It would
require major rewrites for many user agents.

--
David Dorward
http://dorward.me.uk/