Re[15]: css with attribues

From: Dmitry Turin <sql4-en@narod.ru>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 17:23:01 +0200
To: www-style@w3.org

David,

>> DD> accept-charset, accept, accesskey, action, archive
DD> Any specification that comes out of this would have to deal with them
DD> though.
I wanted to say, that if robot does not read them, it will be not big loss.

DD> Having, for instance, the alt
DD> text moved there would pose a serious problem to users without images.
Authors don't use standards (e.g. CSS3), while browsers don't support them.
Generally there is no problem for all UAs,
and our previous discussion about problem-just-now has theoretical character.

>> Second, upgrade of robots (to append attributes from css-file
>> to tree of elements) is relatively small job,
DD> As I've explained, this is NOT a "relatively small job". It would
DD> require major rewrites for many user agents.
Following your logic,
community must not enter new attributes into tags,
because it would require major rewrites for many user agents.
But community enter them.

I see, main question is that, you don't see advantage of proposed
possibility.

Dmitry Turin
SQL5      (5.9.1)  http://sql50.euro.ru
HTML6     (6.5.1)  http://html60.euro.ru