Re: [CSS MQ] high-contrast-screen, accessibility

Håkon Wium Lie wrote:
> Also sprach Andrew Fedoniouk:
>
>  > >  > Is it possible to add in media queries [1] value that will
>  > >  > indicate that UA is running with high-contrast-screen settings?
>
>  > > In Opera, we support this by way of CSS; View-Style->...
>  > >
>  > > So, UAs are able to add these modes, but I'm not sure it can be
>  > > mandated.
>
>  > This is mostly  not about UA but about web pages as applications in general.
>
> So, you're saying that the web page would set/unset this mode? Could
> you give a code example?

Quite opposite:

UA shall set this flag to indicate that current desktop is using high
contrast mode. Authors may use it to select appropriate color schema.

:root
{
   background: green;
   color: orange;
   font: 8.5 fancy;
}

@media high-contrast
{
   :root
   {
     background: window;
     color: windowtext;
     font: system;
   }
}

or
@media high-contrast-white { ... }
@media high-contrast-black { ... }

In Windows for example this information is available through
SystemParametersInfo(SPI_GETHIGHCONTRAST).

--
Andrew Fedoniouk.

http://terrainformatica.com