Re: float:center

From: David Woolley <forums@david-woolley.me.uk>
Date: Sat, 05 Jan 2008 10:29:02 +0000
To: "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>

Alex Mogilevsky wrote:
> The "float:center" discussion here appears to have a general
> sentiment
> that "float:center" sounds useful but it is very hard to define and
> implement, therefore we shouldn't go there.

Also that it is rarely, if ever, used in traditional media, even though
those media don't impose restrictions on its use, implying a lack of
real demand (and that the proposed use case doesn't coexist well with
fluid layouts (and doesn't allow separation of content and styling,
although this last point hasn't been raised before)).

--
David Woolley