RE: scroll bar size in width calculations

From: Alex Mogilevsky <alexmog@exchange.microsoft.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2008 18:19:11 -0800
To: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>, "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
CC: Sam Fortiner <samfort@microsoft.com>, Harel Williams <harelw@microsoft.com>, Scott Dickens <sdickens@exchange.microsoft.com>, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
We've built a case with several variations of overflow scroll/auto with content that fits and that doesn't.

A case that doesn't have broad interop is case #2 (#5 and #7 are variations testing the same effect). We believe everything should fit in these cases and scrollbars should be inactive. That is FireFox 3 Beta 2 behavior, we believe it is the most functional. We would like to see an update in the spec that matches that behavior.