Re: scroll bar size in width calculations

From: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2008 20:39:33 -0500
To: Alex Mogilevsky <alexmog@exchange.microsoft.com>
CC: "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>, Sam Fortiner <samfort@microsoft.com>, Harel Williams <harelw@microsoft.com>, Scott Dickens <sdickens@exchange.microsoft.com>, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>

Alex Mogilevsky wrote:
> I see, it makes more sense now. The formulas account for scrollbars, so that
> when width or height are not specified they accommodate the scrollbar. Right?
>
> We'll put together a few test cases to figure out the right definitions for
> cases with specified width/height.

The changes came from the results of this testcase
   http://annevankesteren.nl/test/css/temp/002.htm
so we also need to make sure any spec wording is consistent with implementations
there as well.

~fantasai