Re: scroll bar size in width calculations

From: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
Date: Sat, 05 Jan 2008 00:12:43 -0500
To: Alex Mogilevsky <alexmog@exchange.microsoft.com>
CC: "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>, Sam Fortiner <samfort@microsoft.com>, Harel Williams <harelw@microsoft.com>, Scott Dickens <sdickens@exchange.microsoft.com>, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>

Alex Mogilevsky wrote:
> We've built a case with several variations of overflow scroll/auto with content
> that fits and that doesn't.
>
> A case that doesn't have broad interop is case #2 (#5 and #7 are variations
> testing the same effect). We believe everything should fit in these cases and
> scrollbars should be inactive. That is FireFox 3 Beta 2 behavior, we believe
> it is the most functional. We would like to see an update in the spec that
> matches that behavior.

Thanks Alex, these are excellent. I agree that FF3b2's behavior seems
the most functional.

~fantasai