-----Original Message-----
From: fantasai [mailto:fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net]
Sent: Wednesday, January 02, 2008 7:12 PM

Here's the record of the issue that resulted in the current spec text:

   Issue 150.
   URI: http://www.w3.org/mid/43C68B95.4070405@mit.edu

   10.3.3: Change

     'margin-left' + 'border-left-width' + 'padding-left' + 'width' +
     'padding-right' + 'border-right-width' + 'margin-right' = width of
     containing block

     If 'width' is not 'auto' and 'border-left-width' + 'padding-left' +
     'width' + 'padding-right' + 'border-right-width'

   ...to:

     'margin-left' + 'border-left-width' + 'padding-left' + 'width' +
     'padding-right' + 'border-right-width' + 'margin-right' + scrollbar
     width (if any) = width of containing block

     If 'width' is not 'auto' and 'border-left-width' + 'padding-left' +
     'width' + 'padding-right' + 'border-right-width' + scrollbar width
     (if any)