Re: [CSS3] Box Model Terminology

L. David Baron wrote:
> On Wednesday 2008-02-27 00:33 -0800, fantasai wrote:
>>   width                                              logical width
>>   height                                             logical height
>
> I like the rest of your proposal, but I think it would be rather
> confusing for the height to be a type of width, and the width to be
> a type of height.  It might be worth continuing to look for usable
> terms for these that don't contain height and width.

Suggestions welcome; these were the best we could come up with.

(I'll note that Howcome's MultiCol module uses "column height" and "column width"
pretty successfully.)

 > (I suppose these are probably better than "block progression dimension" and
 > "inline progression dimension", though.)

Yeah, I really don't want to read the equivalent of CSS2.1 section 10 using
those terms. :) "If the specified value of the inline progression dimension
is 'auto' then..."

~fantasai