Re: [css3-namespace] url() syntax

Hi Anne,

Le 7 févr. 2008 à 07:13, Anne van Kesteren a écrit :
> In
>   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2006Sep/0028.html
>
> you wondered why the url() syntax was discouraged and we replied in
>  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2006Oct/0006.html
>
> with an explanation. However, we have since then changed our views
> on the matter and both strings and url() syntax are fine now.

cool.

Checking the Editor's draft.

http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css3-namespace/#syntax

The syntax for the @namespace rule is as follows (using the notation
from the Grammar appendix of CSS 2.1 [CSS21]):

namespace
   : NAMESPACE_SYM S* [namespace_prefix S*]? [STRING|URI] S* ';' S*
   ;
namespace_prefix
   : IDENT
   ;

It is said:
"A URI string parsed from the URI syntax must be treated as a literal
string: as with the STRING syntax, no URI-specific normalization is
applied."

Just a question:
	what is a URI-specific normalization?

--