Re: [CSSWG] [CSS2.1] [css3-namespace] Case-sensitivity in CSS

From: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2008 14:29:46 -0800
To: WWW Style <www-style@w3.org>

fantasai wrote:

> http://www.w3.org/TR/2007/CR-CSS21-20070719/syndata.html#characters
> http://csswg.inkedblade.net/spec/css2.1#issue-19
>
> The CSS Working Group proposes to adopt the following changes
>   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2007Nov/0219.html
>   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2007Nov/0221.html
> which would
>   a) define case-insensitivity of CSS-defined identifiers as ASCII
>      case-insensitivity: i.e. a-z and A-Z match, but no other
>      characters outside that range will ever map into that range.
>   b) define counter names as case-sensitive in CSS2.1, which would
>      also set case-sensitivity as the precedent for user-defined
>      identifiers introduced in future specs

In line with this resolution, Anne and I have updated the CSS Namespaces draft
to define namespace prefixes as case-*sensitive*.

As noted in
   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2007Nov/0222.html
this means Firefox and Opera's current implementations will be non-conformant.
Please let us know if this will be a problem.

~fantasai