Controlling size of a tab character (U+0009)

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2008 15:36:08 +0100
To: www-style@w3.org

Hi,

We found the need to introduce a CSS property that allows controlling the
size of a tab. This feature will be in some future version of Opera
(likely after the next version) but I thought it would be good to share
what we have with the CSS WG and CSS community to see if it's worth
standardizing. The property is really simple:

   '-o-tab-size'

   Value: <integer> | inherit
   Initial: 8
   Applies to: all elements
   Inherited: yes
   Percentages: N/A
   Media: visual
   Computed value: as specified

Only positive integer values are allowed. The initial value of 8 is taken
 from section 16.6.1 "The 'white-space' processing model" of the CSS 2.1
specification.

Kind regards,

--
Anne van Kesteren