Re: [css3-fonts] Nested 'bolder' and 'lighter' question

On Thu, Aug 28, 2008 at 4:53 AM, Daniel Glazman
> Let me take another example:

>      AAAA
>      BBBB
>
> where A is a unicode char rendered using a font that has bold and
> extra-bold while B is a unicode chat rendered using a font that has
> only bold... What's the weight of As and the weight of Bs ?

I'm convinced by now that the correct answer is to try to match the
weight as closely as possible to an ideal world where we had infinite
font weights (i.e., D should be bold).  Having different characters
in, potentially, the same word display with different font weights in
this case is flat-out pathological.