Re: WebFonts ready for use

From: Dave Crossland <dave@lab6.com>
Date: Thu, 1 May 2008 00:05:17 +0100
To: "Patrick Garies" <pgaries@fastmail.us>
Cc: www-style@w3.org

2008/4/30 Patrick Garies <pgaries@fastmail.us>:

> Actually, I can think of cases where this might be useful outside of fonts,
> so maybe HTTP headers for use with any resource might be better.

That we do not mandate the way UAs can cache other kinds of files does
not suggest that because some people want to mandate the way UAs can
cache fonts, we should enable mandating caching for all kinds of
files. Instead, it suggests to me that we should reject the idea of
mandating the way UAs can cache fonts - and leave it up to UA
developers.

--
Regards,
Dave