Re: [CSS21] Why are browser default style values different from Appendix D

From: Alan Gresley <alan@css-class.com>
Date: Thu, 01 May 2008 09:12:59 +1000
To: Saloni Mira Rai <salonir@microsoft.com>
CC: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>, "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>

Saloni Mira Rai wrote:
> Hello,
>
> The attached CSV file contains the table with default styles by browser is attached.
>
> Thanks,
> Saloni

Hi Saloli

Thank you. Some work you have done there but I find CVS hard to follow
so have used a trick I developed 6 years ago.

http://css-class.com/test/css/defaults/UA-style-sheet-defaults.htm

I do believe that the default margins and padding should be included for
LI and paddings for UL and OL for starters.

Does IE7 show the same defaults as IE8 when hasLayout doesn't come into
play. I say this since hasLayout parent containers cause default margins
of child elements to disappear [1].

[1] http://css-class.com/test/css/box/margins/iehaslayoutmargins.htm

Alan