Re: Suggestion for CSS3 selectors (fwd)

Brian J. Fink wrote:
> I mean, just like the contextual selector is:
>
> selector1 selector2
>
> the indirect ancestor selector2 of selector1 could be notated as:
>
> selector2 ^ selector1
>
> and like the direct descendant is notated by:
>
> selector1 > selector2
>
> so the direct ancestor could be:
>
> selector1 < selector2

Yes, I know what you meant. :) What I'm saying is that instead of

   selector1 ^ selector2
and
   selector1 < selector2

you'd have (for example)

   (selector1) selector2
and
   (selector1) > selector2

It uses the same syntax as before, we just add some kind of syntax
for marking which element is being matched, i.e. it no longer has
to be the rightmost element. There are other approaches, but I
think this is the most straightforward one.

~fantasai