Re: Suggestion for CSS3 selectors (fwd)

Brian J. Fink wrote:
> It is more verbose with multiple levels of parenthood. Compare:
>
> (((selector4)>selector3)>selector2)>selector1

No, that would be

   (selector4) > selector3 > selector2 > selector1

I think an earlier proposal was to use ! in front of the selector, like this:

   !selector4 > selector3 > selector2 > selector1

which I think is easier to type and understand (it's not a nesting idea,
it's a "mark this thing here" idea).

> to:
>
> selector1<selector2<selector3<selector4
>
> And you also must also account for situations such as the following:
>
> b^ol>li span.test:hover
>
> The above syntax is concise, clear, and easy to parse. But what would
> it look like in the alternative syntax?

I'm not sure what you meant, exactly. If you meant "a b that is {a descendant
of an li which is a child of an ol} and that has a span.test:hover as a
descendant" then

   ol > li !b span.test:hover

~fantasai