Re: WebFonts ready for use

From: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 19:08:12 -0700
Cc: Håkon Wium Lie <howcome@opera.com>, "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
To: Paul Nelson (ATC) <paulnel@winse.microsoft.com>

On Apr 22, 2008, at 2:50 PM, Paul Nelson (ATC) wrote:

> Hello Maciej,
>
> Given the other discussions on this list with regards to either
> installing fonts via CSS or sharing embedded fonts between pages,
> the concept of using raw fonts on the internet is still of great
> concern to commercial font vendors.

It seems to me that issues of permanent installation on the system for
general use are independent of the font format.

I think it is a bad idea because it creates security issues (malicious
documents could change how other Web documents or even apps or
documents on the system render), and I don't expect anyone to want to
implement it.

Regards,
Maciej